Re: RC: Dead/Alive -TEVIS RESCUE Part 2

I don't know of any ride that says they will provide rescue services for a
horse entered in a race.  I have never presumed that there would be.

Tevis is a race with steep climbs and that is not a secret.  Accidents will
and can happen.  I figure that when a person enters any endurance race,
they should approach it the same way they would a long conditioning ride -
that is, the person who is on the horse assumes responsibility.  Come to
the race prepared to help yourself & don't rely on RM to provide a safety
net.  It says on the Tevis webpage, (second sentence!) "Participants in
this event do so at their own risk and must pay an entry fee. They must
also sign a waiver of liability...".  Perhaps Denise's story is a good
reminder of what "ride at your own risk" means.

I have to add that I can't think of worse PR for our sport then to have
emergency services standing by at races.  Lif

Lif & Paul Strand  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609