Re: RC: Re: Weanling needs surgery

Hi Maggie
I had to put splints on a 2 week old colt or rename him John Wayne, he
was so bow-legged; we also put on little medial lifts on shoes. the
splints stayed on a month ( I should mention he tried to nail the vet 3
times and fell flat on his face before he decided to tolerate them) and
the shoes lasted 6 weeks. He grew up with the straightest legs. The
secret is, you have to catch it EARLY. This was a case of the outside
growth plates growing faster than the inside ones, not totally uncommon
in tall horses and something to be watched for.
bette

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of 16.2hh TLA Halynov