VA Trail Closure

Greg Jones giltmead@mis.net
Anyone who hasn’t read the post by Sally Aungier on 7/30 Re a trail closing in VA needs to!  The closing was an atom bomb type reaction and the violation leading to it was an excuse to do what they wanted, not a reason!

Besides the need to help reopen this trail there are two points to take home:

1)  This is a perfect example of why we need to support Jerry Fruth’s efforts to launch the Equine Trail Coalition so that we have a national voice, and
2)  This is a reflection of the orientation of the people who have been moving up the ladder in the USFS under the Clinton/Gore/Dombeck administration.  If you aren’t aware of what is at stake for trail users in the up-coming election there is still time to learn.

Greg Jones