Re: RC: which vet to see at checks

> how
> many of you try to see the same vet throughout the day at a  ride?

I do.  I pick a knowledgable vet...one whose opinion I trust more than my
own...and then I try to stay with the same one all day even if there are
2 vets that I trust, I'll try to go to the same one I start with so the
grading scale will make sense. I figure one man's "A-" on guts may be
another's "B". How can I tell if things are getting better or worse if I
get different opinions? Luckily, I haven't had to deal with any of those
"Oh really sir, he *always* moves that way" problems, but I have had a
problem with an inexperienced vet simply not knowing the rules and
screwing me up. If you try to help them they think you're argueing.

I had an inexperienced vet refuse to let my 10 min. CRI for BC be my
completion exam, even though he trotted sound and was below 64.  She
wanted me to go back to the end of a *long* line and get a P&R in time.
When I tried to explain she was very rude.  Then she made me trot circles
to get my completion!

Angie
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.