Natn'l Championship Ride

Just based on my limited experience in some of the PS rides, especially the Triple Crown based near Ridgecrest, hay is a welcome sight for the horses at each vet check.  In January, February, and March the California desert is very barren.  There is nothing for the horses to graze on either on the trail or at the vet checks.  There is no water on the rides either, other than what the Ride Managers provide.  We are used to having water AND hay provided because of the lack of grass and water on the trail.  Our Ride Managers do an outstanding job of taking care of vital essentials for our horses.  As stated in an earlier post, many times the vet checks are crowed, which also makes it difficult to have 100 - 125 crews at each vet check.  It would be wonderful to do a ride with both grass & water along the way!  Thanks for listening!

Kathy Garner  GarnerT@email.msn.com