weight divisions

.if you top ten at
a ride, go weigh in, and are either over or under your weight division,
what happens?

You are always allowed to be heavier than the division you chose to ride in.
You can be a 250 Lb. person and compete with the FWs if you really  want to.  I suspect
there are a few gals that compete in the MW rather than the HW.. |-)

On being less than the weight -the AERC rules state the following:

8.5.3.2 Management must exercise reasonable discretion in
making allowances for normal weight loss of rider during
competition and inaccuracy of ride scales. (A 4%
allowance applied evenly to all competitors would be reasonable.)

This means that as a HW you can go all the way down to 202.5 lbs
at the end of the ride and meet the HW criteria - in principle.
For a MW that would be 178.5 where the lower limit is 186.

The rules are found at

http://www.aerc.org/rules.html

Until I got a heavier saddle - I was always close to the 211 but in
TX - could lose 4-8 lbs in a ride.  I lose 4 lbs sweating in a 1 hour
game of racquetball.

Mike