Re: RC: Rides on Sunday?

> that there are several rides in the NE and a few in the SE that seem >
to take> place on Sunday. Liberty Run
> (May 28,

The Liberty Run is on Sunday because that's Memorial Day weekend. By
running the ride on a Sunday, they hope to let people compete without
missing a day of work. It is always held on Memorial Day weekend in the
Spring. Their fall ride is a Saturday.

Big South Fork *is* Thursday through Saturday this year. It takes a day
to drive home anyway, so they thought it would be best just to take all
the days off in one week.

I'm just guessing about the NE rides that have a race listed Sunday only,
I'll bet they have an ECTRA competitive trail ride on Saturday. You see
more of those combination things up there.

Personally, I hate riding on Sunday. If I'm not careful every day runs
together and I always feel like I'm in a hurry and got a lot of work to
do.  I finally decided God had a good idea and I've made Sunday a real
"day of rest".  It feels good to be absolutely relaxed.  No, I don't need
to get in a ride I did my long one yesterday.  No, I don't care if
there's a deadline for that article I was supposed to write. I take
Sunday OFF. A few times when we've gotten home from church I've even
caught myself cooking Sunday dinners like my mom and grandmother used to
do. As far as competing, that can be difficult,  but given the choice I'd
rather they scheduled us on Saturday.

Angie
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.