OAT HAY

Hi, all.

I know that your hay differs from ours (I though Timothy was a boy's name) but I was wondering whether you get Oat Hay and what your thoughts are.  I used it last year, and I noticed an immediate "fattening" effect on my horses, so I mixed it with my usual grass hay, so as not to turn them into beach balls with legs.  The only down-side was that it did heat Toc up a little (not that THAT is difficult to do).  This year, I have cut his concentrates back, to compensate, and he seems okay, and is maintaining weight.

Would be interested to hear anyone else's thoughts, observations, etc.

Tracey