Re: Camping menus

> I need ideas for healthy, easy camping meals that don't require a
> tremendous amount of skill or time.  Let me say, first of all, that I am
> *not* a good cook.  I rarely cook at home and I have *zero* imagination in
> this area.  (I got lucky and married an *excellent* cook who has been
> making most of my meals for the last 17 years!)  I'm not totally without
> any skill -- I've just never liked to do it and can never come up with any
> interesting ideas.
>
> I'm taking two juniors to a ride this weekend (one is riding, the other is
> coming along to see what goes on, help crew, and be company for her best
> friend) and I have to fix some meals for the three of us.  I was trying to
> come up with some menu ideas and I couldn't get far beyond peanut butter
> and jelly sandwiches. ;-)  Please send me your favorite meal ideas that
are
> quick, fairly healthy, and easy enough for this mediocre, lazy cook to
> prepare!  TIA.
>
> Sue

Whats is the situation with coolers/refrigerators, or sources of heat!!

1.  go get some thin sliced deli roast beef.  tear up and brown in some
barbeque sauce.  Take along, and reheat and put on buns (barbeque beef
sandwhiches).

2.  buy chicken, vegetables, can of refried beans, tortillas.  Cut up and
cook chicken at home, season with
southweat sauce...Dump on tortillas, instant fajitias.

3.  Go buy the best pizza you can find..........take along,  Heat or not.

4.  Make some tuna salad at home, pack in cooler.

5.  Go buy one of those frozen Pasta accents with vegetables.  Heat in pan,
dump in some pre-cooked
chicken or deli meat.

6.  Have the Juniors mothers do all the meals!

7.  Frozen raviolli; heat in boiling water, dump in jar of pasta sauce, add
grated cheese