Re: [Enduranceriders] Metabolic Pulls at Tevis

In a message dated 7/24/00 1:12:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tracey@tbt.co.za
writes:

<< I'm glad someone with more knowledge than I have has confirmed my suspicion
 re IV.  I wouldn't dream of commenting on any aspect of Endurance, as I know
 squat diddly about it BUT I have a horse with a blocked jugular vein from
 being IV'd on the track.  When we ultrasounded him, we found that no blood
 at all passes through that vein.  Having to IV him on the other side would
 be potentially disastrous, as if that one becomes blocked, I would have to
 put my precious horse down.

 Tracey >>

Yep. Two strikes and you're out.

ti