one jugular

>When we ultrasounded him, we found that no
> blood> at all passes through that vein.  Having to IV him on the other
side > would> be potentially disastrous,>

More common than you'd think.  Desert Ballad won the Race Of Champions
with only one jugular, after the treatments for his horrible hip
infection (seems like it was Blackleg cattle disease that got in his
hip).  The 4,000 mile horse on the cover of this month's EN, Baskhari has
only one working jugular.  Only had treatment after one ride, but got a
staff infection and all heck broke loose.  He's done another 1,000 miles
since he lost it, with wins.

Angie
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.