RC: Re: Stallion behavior

I can't agree enough with this . My stallion was cut no slack as a youngster
and is as easy as can be now at age 11 . I have heard too many horror stories
from trainers dealing with spoiled disrespectful stallions to ever deal with
one myself .

Valerie

<< For future reference colts need to be handled really firmly from the first
and correction needs to be instantaneous (not always easy),it needs to hurt
to be effective, (watch how mares deal with their offspring) and it should be
minimal, just enough, not endless abuse.  Whats cute at 6months is a pain at
2yrs when they're climbing all over you. >>