RC: stallion,mare,gelding, any horse's behavior :)

Hi, I just wanted to put in my 2 cents once again.
I noticed some people talking about how they had to whip their horses to get
them to change their behavior.  And then there are the people who would never
even yell at their horses.  hmmmm, a wide variety out there.  I have come to
find that horses respond the best when you make them think that your way is
the best.
For example: A horse is in the arena and is all spooky and maybe starts to
balk.  What I would do is allow the horse to stand still(what he wants to do)
only in the spot that scares him.  He figures out that moving is better and
that the "monster" spot is not so bad.  Seems to work for me anyways--people
have different methods.
*Anyways... getting to the point.  Horses don't need to be beat but I also
don't thing some people realize how big these animals are.  You aren't going
to get them to stop being bad with a gentle soothing tone.  If a horse won't
stand still and I am holding him (by a lead rope, not in my arms.)  :)  I
give him  a quiet zone where he can stand still and I won't bother him but if
he moves, I get after him. by that I mean yanking on the lead rope and being
angry with him(i don't know, its hard to explain).When he moves back to his
"zone", I leave him alone and tell him he is a good boy.   He learns that his
quiet zone is the only place he can be where I will be the nice person he
likes so much
JUST MY TWO CENTS...please don't yell at me or fight with me through e-mail
:)
*also keep in mind that I am not some famous trainer,  just a normal person
with my methods that I have inherited from other experienced horsey people.
Thanks for reading my babbling
-Renee