Re: portable corrals

I have the Horse-N-Around corral and have been very happy with it.  The panels (I have the 5 1/2 foot panels) are light weight and easy to set up (even when I kept them in the trailer dressing room and had to carry them in and out).  They hold up well too.  I had my horse at a ride in May but was not riding, and when the other horses left she threw a major fit, rearing and bucking and galloping in circles, she even bent 2 of the panels, but it held together.  Sometimes she'll lean her butt on a panel and push, and the corral does move around a bit, will even close in to make a tiny box for her to stand in (good thing she's not inclined to panic :)) but it still holds together.
Teddy (Running Bear) sells a new electric fence system that I was very impressed with, called the Grazier system.  It's very strong, a horse could run into it and I don't think it would come down.  At the Clemson Symposium she kept her stallion in it and my mare was in her pen 50 feet away -- no problems.  It is *really* easy to put up and take down.  You might take a look at it, it's the only electric corral that looks sturdy to me.

SusanB