No Subject

> So adipose (fat) tissue calories (366 Mcal available in the average 1000 lb
> horse), which could not be used in the glucose driven environment of the
carbo
> charged horse, >

>This fuel source would be inhibited, but not eliminated.

And I responded:

Aha! then I did misinterpret what you had said previously when talking
about adipose tissue and circulating fats:

"They're not as readily pulled directly from circulation for the
same purpose, particularly when there is an abundance of glucose."
and you implied several other places you did not feel this was a
significant source.

I said "could not be used" because that was the impression I was getting
from you-I
totally agree with the "inhibited but not eliminated" statement!

So we really aren't that far apart in our thinking about how the systems
work at this point-
I feel like I've made some progress in my understanding the "big picture",
though there are still lots of holes we need to plug. Hope you feel the same.
Susan and I are plotting our next research projects....

Sarah and Fling (hmm...plug the holes to get the whole picture to avoid a
holy ti war....Eeeks, you've got me doing it now!
                  Angie, help!)