Re: RC: Re: riding position a different problem

I distribute at least 90% of my weight throughout my upper leg. I very
rarely feel my seat bones, and have little to no pressure on my foot...

I have incredibly strong legs, so this isn't tiring, even riding hard on
50's. The "secret" is three  leg machines at the gym. The incline leg
press, the adductor (abductor?) machine and the inner glute machine. The
last two have complementary scissors motion. On one you sit with your
legs spread and pull them together, the other you force them apart.
Strengthening these muscles makes an incredible difference in your
riding. It's gotten me to the point where I can do long conditioning
rides bareback (no pad) on a skittish horse...

I press between 180 and 250 pounds, up to 60 reps in three sets. On the
scissors type machines, I use 130-160 in weights for up to 60 reps. It
took me 60 months to work up to that point, and is easy to maintain.

It's amazing what even a little weight training does for legs.

Back extensions and ab exercises help a lot too.

  -- Linda