Re: RC: Re: riding position a different problem

At 03:37 PM 7/5/00 -0700, Sarah McIntosh wrote:
I just did my first 50 miler and after about 35 miles, my feet were starting to hurt excruciatinly across the ball of the foot area.

A riding instructor told me if I had more than 4 oz of weight in your stirrup, it's too much.  You can add padding to the stirrup all you want, but if you've got too much weight in the stirrup you'll continue to have problems.  Kind of like trying to make a poor fitting saddle work by just adding more and more pads.

Try this:  Set a scale in front of a chair, then with your eyes closed, put your foot on it with what feels like the same amount of pressure you use to ride.  Then see what the scale says.  4 oz. isn't much - I found when I changed to using that little pressure, my whole riding position changed for the better.  Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609