Re: riding position a different problem

Hi:

I am having a slightly different problem with position.  I just did my first
50 miler and after about 35 miles, my feet were starting to hurt
excruciatinly across the ball of the foot area.  It felt like a nerve was
being hit and it was horrible.

I tend to stand/2 point most of the ride except for cantering, but after
about 30-40 miles she only wants to trot, and this is the worst gait for me
to ride.  My knees were fine and I only had slight soreness on the inside of
my calves.

I use ralide stirrups that are about 3-3.5 inches deep, but they don't have
any padding.  I am thinking of gluing some high density foam on them,
whaddya think about that?

Anybody have any ideas?

Sarah McIntosh & Saffy (75 miles)
Abbotsford, BC