LD and BC

I personally think that if a BC is given for a 25 or 30 mile ride, it should
be open to all riders that finish within the time parameters given.  If LD
is supposed to be learning and training, then only allowing the top ten to
be eligible could cause some folks to go faster than they ought to in the
hopes of getting BC.  My last ride had only 15 minute holds at the vet
checks.  I opted to spend more time there making sure my horse got all he
needed.  This was also only my second ride on this horse so we are still
figuring things out.  I would like to think that spending a little extra
time at the vet checks wouldn't keep us from being in the running for BC.
To me, getting a BC would mean much more than top tenning.  Just my humble
opinion from a rookie. :)

Dede