Define Overriding???

Have barely been able to keep up with my RC's Forgive me mother Angie for I
have sinned.....

here is a question...(still working one the Theraflex ones) Define
Overiding? Just finished some of the posts about the Oakland incident.. is
it me or are we picking one one guy? There are hundreds of riders that
override (IMHO) and there are riders who are the weekend warriors of the
sport. I have gotten the pleasure of training for one lousy ride in my life.
Spent countless hours preparing for that ride. Was to attend another later
that fall, problems kept me from it. SO someone define overriding for me??
is the rule of thumb still in effect here? if you are going to ride say 50
miler you would want to have your horse doing 50 miles of training work a
week?? If you were doing a 100 you would want to be doing 100 miles of
training work a week?
How about the word peak? I have been told and have wondered When they are at
the peak you would want to lightly ride them to save them?
I have hopes and dreams of taking this sport further...however is it
possible to do it with one horse?? DOES THIS MEAN I GET TO GET
ANOTHER????????? =o)
Just curious?? I am worried about my own judgement now .....for fear of
being banned from of all places RIDECAMP.....you can be banned from
AERC...but to be banned from RIDECAMP...why you just might as well move to
Russellville Kentucky. ;oP
Carla (picturing a third pretty arabian!)
Ansata (what the hell does she mean nother horse????)
Haley (Nother horse my fat (__1__)!! she aint getting nother horse!)
Rob (oh HELLLL NO!!!!!! not another mouth to feed!)