Re: RC: Horse abusers need to be stopped

At 02:40 PM 6/30/00 -0700, Patrick wrote:
All the vets were aware of him, yet could not stop him. Riders were
aware of what he did but again could not stop him. Ride managers could
do nothing within the guidelines of the AERC. I have talked to many riders who
have witnessed him whipping his tired horse to go faster.

I personally do not like to run to authorities, preferring to try to deal directly with people, but in this case it seems that people have given it a good try already to no avail.  So, seems to me that maybe some brave souls should consider filing animal cruelty charges against him.  Is this possible?  Would anyone who has witnessed his behavior care to take steps now to protect his next horse?  Could/would AERC take a stance if actual witnesses filed complaints?  Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609