Re: Re: Fitting an Orthoflex

Bad advice we've got two OF and successfully fit then onto a wide range of
horses, including a barrel bodied Arab.  Note: we also do CTR with our
horses so their backs are carefully examined for soreness.  OF do not sore
the back.

Wendy's OF has an old panel system.  To properly fit her round bodied horse,
we shimmed the front of the panels on the bottom to even the pressure at the
withers.  Put the saddle without booties on the horse, maybe put a rider on
the saddle and feel under the panels.  You can then feel where the pressure
is light.  Simply shim that area.  No big deal.

Forward, rear placement is measured from the point of shoulder.  Follow OF's
instructions and you will be great.

Ed and Wendy Hauser
1140 37th St.
Hudson, WI 54016