Re: RC: Re: Re: Amblin/Racking/what ever

In a message dated 6/22/00 9:51:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Howard4567
writes:

<< Woa there Heidi, I don't think so. At least not the American Saddlebred.
His foundations were laid when the Galloway and Hobby Horses were brought to
North America by the British.  Thru selective breeeding came the Narraganset
Pacer (Paul Revere's horse).  This happened during the 1600's.

 The first Thouroughbreds were imported to North America in 1706.  By 1776
the American Horse was established mixing the Narraganset Pacer breed with
the Thoroughbred.  During this period crosses of Morgan, Standardbred, and
Hackney also contributed to what today is the American Saddlebred.

 Please show me the heavy Arabian blood here.  I don't see it.   >>

Go find pedigrees of those early British ancestors.  They were rife with
specific Arabians.  Justin Morgan's pedigree likewise was chock-ful of very
specific Arabians.  You're right that the Saddlebred was developed from
Morgan, Standardbred, and Hackney crosses--ALL of which contained a great
deal of Arabian blood.  The TB's likewise descended from not only the three
"famous" sires (the Godolphin Arabian, the Darley Arabian and the Byerly
Turk) but also some 4 to 5 dozen other lesser known Arabians that appear in
the vast majority of TB pedigrees.  If you don't see it, you're not looking
back far enough in the actual pedigrees.

Heidi