Re: RC: Re: Re: Amblin/Racking/what ever

The passing of genetic information is a discrete process not  a continuum.
That is a half Arab has half it's genes from an Arab. If he is bred to a non
Arab then the Arab contribution is 1/4. Ten generations later with breeding to
nonArabs, the Arab content is 1 in 1024 and twenty generations it would be 1 in
over a million.  More over if horses that weren't Arabs but has some imput from
the Arab back in time were selected at random these become probabilities not
fixed. Henc the probablity of any of the Arabian genes would be passed would go
down by 1/2. Next generation by 1/4 , etc. Since it is a discrete process at
some point there would be no residual effect from the Arabian breeding.

Over time horses such as saddlebreds, walking horses, morgans at some point,
since the number of genes which are specifically related to Arabs are finite in
number, then there will be nothing left from the original Arab input to the
breed. This is the case with most not Arabian horses today. So in the case of
the saddlebred, the walking horse, morgan, etc. - there is nothing left of any
Arabs that might have been there so it is really mute point.

Truman.

--
Truman Prevatt
Brooksville, FL

Mystic "The Horse from Hell" Storm
Buck's Mystic Karma
Rocket a.k.a. Mr. Misty
Jordy a.k.a. Bridger (when he is good)
Danson Flame - Hot Dog I'm healed and ready to go.

http://www.mrsl.com