Re: RC: Re: Re: Amblin/Racking/what ever

In a message dated 6/21/00 8:40:27 PM EST, CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com writes:

<<  The Spanish ancestors of the various Paso breeds was heavy with Arabian
 blood!  As were the various ancestors of the North American gaited breeds...

 Heidi

Woa there Heidi, I don't think so. At least not the American Saddlebred.  His
foundations were laid when the Galloway and Hobby Horses were brought to
North America by the British.  Thru selective breeeding came the Narraganset
Pacer (Paul Revere's horse).  This happened during the 1600's.

The first Thouroughbreds were imported to North America in 1706.  By 1776 the
American Horse was established mixing the Narraganset Pacer breed with the
Thoroughbred.  During this period crosses of Morgan, Standardbred, and
Hackney also contributed to what today is the American Saddlebred.

Please show me the heavy Arabian blood here.  I don't see it.

cya,
Howard