gaited arabs

Sharon Satterwhite ssatt44@hotmail.com
Hey!

   I had to put my 2 cents on this one.  I have a egyptian/spanish arabian that single foots at the
walk, trots true, then lopes in a lateral motion
like a walking horse.  When I was at the Hat Ranch
Ride last year I asked Mrs. Tankersley about it.
She told me it was'nt unusual and that she had had
one that did the same thing, but, as he was a show
horse they had to TEACH him to move "normally." We have
had no leg stress problems (KNOCK KNOCK). Can't resist,
Jihad was 4th in the Mt. Laguna LD, riden by Susan Castang.
He's ready to move up to 50s I'm too sore backed to ride
him that much. OK, so it was JUST an LD, but I'm still proud of him.

                             Sharon and Jihad(where's my mint julip?)