Re: trail riding story...sick but funny

I just got home from an ETI club meeting.  Some of the ladies there had  a tale to tell from the trail ride they went to over the weekend .  The trail ride was in the Norco riverbed (where Norco River Dance Ride takes place).  A new member was trying to get his horse thru one of the river crossings.  The water was belly deep, black and stinky with bamboo creating a tunnel over the water.  He had a death grip on the reins and caused the horse to rear.  The guys wife started screaming like a banshee.  Scared the heck out of the other riders and her husbands horse too.  The horse dove head on into the bamboo then reared again and went over backwards into the water.  The lady ran her horse into the water and her horse pinned the husbands horse under the water.  Then she jumped off and was trying to pull her husband out from under the water.  Someone grabbed the womans horse and pulled it out of the way while others pulled the man out from under his horse.  As they pulled the man out from under the horse he came completely out of his jeans!  No fruit of the looms for this guy!!!  There he was buck nekked.  Then one of the other riders screamed.."Oh my God, his leg came off!!"  Every one there almost paniced.  The nekked guy lost his leg.  One of the riders took off to get help from a ranger she  had just seen down the trail.  She told him what had happend and he jumped in his truck and told her he would go get help!  Not wanting to see the aftermath of the wreck again, she decided to stay where the ranger had left her and wait for help.  Mean while back at the wreck.....the poor guy had 2 women holding him up on one leg while he was trying to pull his pants up.  One of the other women grabbed his pants and helped him pull them up.  The guys wife came up out of the water with his leg.  Yup...it was a prosthetic.  No one knew he had a fake leg!!!  The gal that had helped him get his pants back on helped him to put his leg back on.  The only problem was the foot was aimed in the wrong direction.
(by this time I'm laughing so hard I about blew jello out my nose!)  She watched him pull the leg off and turn it around and put it back on.  He insisted on finishing the ride.  Which he did.  The lady that went to get help was told to come back everything was ok.   After the ride was over and everyone was back at camp, the paramedics showed up.  (this was a couple hrs. later!!!!)  The poor man had gone home and only some of the women that helped him were there.  "Are you here for the guy who lost his leg in the river?"..."well, he decided to go ahead and finish the ride and then went home."  Now THAT put a funny look on the paramedics faces!!    After the paramedics left,  a man rode up on a horse and asked if anyone had seen a wallet.  "Nope, no wallet."  Then he said, "damn, I cant believe I lost it.  Its just one of those days."    The come back was< Yea, we lost a few things in the river today too!
 The poor man that had the wreck not only had his leg come off, lost his pants and his dignity,  but also lost his glasses in the black muddy water and his hat floated downstream and was never seen again.      So....how was your week end?     gesa n clovis n sky