Re: RC: Energy expenditure

Weight lifting is more of an anaerobic exercise than an aerobic
exercise. So they need to look at say marathoners or people doing
aerobic exercises.

At Longstreet's Charge we had an hour hold (which is not common in the
SE) at the midway point (actually more like the 30 mile point). It was
very hot and humid that day and I firmly believe that the hour hold was
critical to the horses and one of the reasons that the horses did as
well as they did in those conditions.

On cold days, I think shorter holes are a very good idea so the horses
can keep warmed up to go on.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt
Brooksville, FL

Mystic "The Horse from Hell" Storm
Buck's Mystic Karma
Rocket a.k.a. Mr. Misty
Jordy a.k.a. Bridger (when he is good)
Danson Flame - Hot Dog I'm healed and ready to go.

http://www.mrsl.com