Re: RC: Breeds

Well a lot depends on the goals. A good horse of many breeds can do just fine
for many people If you are out there to just have fun, then why would you want
to have to put up with an Arab?  Some years ago a premere rider in the SE showed
up with a warmblood and most people thought he had lost his mine.  Well 6000 or
so miles later most of ut in the top 5, no one is laughing any longer.

When asked why he got a warmblood, his answer was he was tired of putting up
with Arabs. I sure feel that way a lot of the time.

Unless you are just going out a picking a horse at random, you should be able to
find one of many breeds that can be usable endurance horses, particularly for
people who are not hell bent to win every ride. I'd take a good sound healthy
walking horse with a 26 resting heart rate any day over an Arab with a 40
resting heart rate.

--
Truman Prevatt
Brooksville, FL

Mystic "The Horse from Hell" Storm
Buck's Mystic Karma
Rocket a.k.a. Mr. Misty
Jordy a.k.a. Bridger (when he is good)
Danson Flame - Hot Dog I'm healed and ready to go.

http://www.mrsl.com