Re: RC: Breeds

At 02:10 PM 6/13/00 -0400, T wrote:
If you are out there to just have fun, then why would you want
to have to put up with an Arab?

Let's see.  I ride my (Arabian) stallion with a halter.  I can hop on my (Arabian) mare bareback with nothing on her head & ride her around even if no one has ridden her (literally) in 5 years.  I can & have tied my reins in a knot on a ride when I was having problems and let my (Arabian) horse bring me into the vet check when neither he nor I had ever been on that trail before.  Our whole herd (of Arabs) is voice trained & comes at a gallop from half a mile away when I yell.  I've had one old (Arab) mare walk into the house accidentally and just stand there, waiting for us to lead her out when she couldn't figure out how to leave herself because of the 4 sliding glass doors.

On the other hand.... I almost was killed by a Fox Trotter when he dumped me then reared up & came down with front hooves aiming for my chest - narrowly missing me only because I saw him coming & rolled.  A NSH with a "secret" rearing habit almost went over backwards with me with no warning.  I'll never EVER ride a Morgan again in an endurance race - that was like riding a jackhammer with no brains.  Got a bite scar on my head from a QH.  Only time I've almost gotten lost on a trail was when I was riding a Paint.  And last but not least, I'll never turn my back on an Appy - more than one I've been around is just a tad too fast to let fly with those hind feet.

Sure they're not all as individuals representative of their breeds but on the other hand it makes me want to ask....

What is this "putting up with" Arabs about, exactly?  Huh, huh?  Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609