Ex-race horses

Hi all,

       I started my ex-race horse, Orion, in NATRC--after he sucessfully
completed several open rides (50-60 miles over 2 days), we were ready for
endurance.  We do 1 or 2 NATRC rides each year & even place now & then.  His
experience in NATRC taught him to camp, behave at vet checks, eat/drink &
pace himself in a non-stressful environment.  My experience in NATRC taught
me how to take care of my horse.  Depending on your region, ECTRA, UMECTRA or
IAHA competitive trail rides may be available.  Orion is now 15, has plenty
of competitive spirit & does very well in the enduros.

Judy Etheridge
West Region