Re: RC: Fw: Fwd: RC: Ride Meals, Entry Fees and LD BC

At 10:26 AM 6/6/00 -0600, Sandy wrote:
-there should be as little glory as possible for racing through a 25....Just my very humble opinion....

I think the ONLY award for LD should be condition awards.  I can't begin to imagine how that would work, but just think - riders without properly conditioned horses would be penalized no matter what position they finished, and well conditioned horses would be rewarded.

In fact, when I win the lottery I'll offer *big* money prizes for BC awards in all endurance distances to encourage condition as the focus, as opposed to order of finish.   Oops - I guess I better go out & buy a ticket one of these days.  Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609