RE: Few: Fwd: RC: Ride Meals, Entry Fees and LD BC

Ah, to respectfully disagree.  .... ....  Qualifying for BC (on LD's)
appears to differ from ride to ride or region to region, according to the
postings so far.  The only ones I'm familiar with have followed the same
criteria as endurance -- finish in the top-10 to stand for BC.  And BC is
still based on the horses condition -- not the fact that it may have raced
in.  Call me blind, I just don't see the problem with recognizing the horse
out of the top 10 who finished in the best condition????

Regarding LD fees -- I can see the logic of the same rate from the RM's
point of view. My concern is two-fold:

1.  It could push SOME people to do 50's before they or their horse is ready
(doesn't everybody look for a "bargain"?)

2.  We are also trying to interest people in our sport, and asking folks who
get no points or "real" mileage credit to pay between $75-100 to attend what
essentially is a 25 mile pleasure ride would discourage them.  I've
personally passed on at least one ride for that reason and just gone trail
riding with a group of people for free.....

Since the cost of putting on the ride must be pretty much the same whether
you have LD riders or not, I would think we'd do everything in our power to
make it attractive for them to ride instead of staying home.  After all, 6
extra riders at 40-60 bucks each is additional income.

Kerry
and Spiritism (hey you said I didn't have to do the baby rides anymore)
and Lefty (that's about the right distance for ME!)
and Machito (I'm ready to go to the big-time lady)
and Durango (how about a nice stroll in the park?)