Horses Living Outside

Taramb birtwhistle@home.com
  Hi I have been watching from the sidelines for some time and have thouroughly enjoyed the info. I am a new rider on the endurance circuit this season and I am hooked.
  I wanted to see if anyone had any insight on my question. I just recently moved my horse, an Arabian from a board that was letting her out from 7:00am and bringing her in at 5:00pm.( I thought that was too long to stand in stall) to a board that she will be living outside most of the time. What are everyone's thoughts on horses living outside? There is a shelter and an option to come into a stable if weather is very bad. I appreciate any comments.
      Taramb