Re: Courtesy

>Helicopters can come in handy sometimes, though. My husband and I put on the
>Hewitt the Hermit ride in Ohio. Camp is on an abandoned airstrip that the
>military helicopters sometimes use for practice landings (or bathroom
>breaks?). Anyway, Ol' Bubba decided to shove the pony through the electric
>corral and all six horses headed down the runway full-tilt. The Reserves
>picked the perfect moment to land at the other end. The horses looked like
>grand champion reiners as, in unison, all did a sliding stop, roll-back and
>hand-gallop back into the corral, peeking around from behind the trailer to
>see if the monster was still there.

lol...that really creates an image!!  Our next door neighbor's son used to
fly an ultralight, taking off and landing in the pasture next door (a
couple hundred feet from my barn.)  Once the horses figured out it wasn't
going to come get them when it was circling overhead to gain height, they
seemed to enjoy it and got the routine down pretty well.  They could also
do great roll-backs and sliding stops...and some fabulous floating trots as
they circled under the ultra-light in their little routine!  Last week he
was out practicing with his para-sail -- the horses strutted around a while
then just stood and watched...not as exciting as the ultra-light.  And the
remote-control plane was a bit of a yawn also.

Now...I'll show you a dead clump of ferns on the trail that will send Blaze
into orbit every time!!!  War zone...no problem.  Dead bush...better have
your heels down! ;-)

Sue

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm