Re: RC: Trail Courtesy

> bkeeffe@nativeson.com writes:
He
>  passed us 3 times, each time putting on his show of
> brainless motorcycle
>  strength.  I felt the true meaning of road rage
> this day and am still fuming
>  about it. >>

I have a bomb proof, older gelding who is wonderful
for situations like this.   We had a fellow on a dirt
bike & his brother who drove a souped up hot rod that
liked to "buzz" the horses where we used to live.
They seemd to think that they earned more "points" if
there were a larger group of horses when they came by.

Once when we saw them "rev up" at the end of the long
one lane dirt road, I positioned Rocket near the
middle of the road.  As they came , I turned Rocket
sideways acrossthe road and raised my hand as though I
were police signaling a stop.  (I was also ready to
kick Rocket into high gear, just in case they didn't
stop!  He was more than capable of jumping the ditch.)

They came roaring down, then slowed when they saw that
I wasn't moving.  I walked up and asked them to wait
as the group passed "to avoid accidents".  I stayed
sideways across the front of them until all were
passed.  Of course, they revved the engine & made cat
calls at everyone, but it was much more controlled.

In the future, when they saw me & Rocket with the
group, they just didn't bother.  I made the whole
process take WAY too much time.  Just no fun.

Rocket's attitude during the whole time was "Can I eat
the flying swan hood ornament?  PLEASE let me taste
his paint.  Cane I snort on his windshield?  Look at
the funny leather tassels on the bike's handle bars.
Are the edible?"  Thank goodness he lives for his
stomach!

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Bruceton Mills, WV