Re: Trail Courtesy

Here's a couple of interesting observation from CFW this weekend......

One, first big creek/water hole.  By side of road; little bridge across
creek.  People in creek letting horses drink and sponging, some on bank
sponging.  Majority just waded creek and exited other side. So, I came up
and took my place in line, about 2 or 3 horses ahead of me and waited (since
I was not in a hurry anyway) and this grouping was probably people towards
last half of ride.  Another group arrived, crossed the bridge, and entered
the creek from the OTHER side, even though horses were obviously waiting
that had been there first.  the creek was only big enough for 3 or 4
well-behaved horses.  Is this rude?

Then, as many of you know, the trail goes right by the shooting range.  In
the past, the horses hear the shots in advance and go by it, no problem
(though I would hate to be on a really green, idiot horse)  THIS year, they
stopped shooting WHILE they approached, then ALL the shooters let loose with
firing (some automatic), exactly timed for when we passed by.  Nice guys,
huh?
Fortunately, my high-strung mare knew she was on the last leg into camp, and
didn't freak.

Karen