Beet Pulp

I finally went out and bought a bag of beet pulp.<G>  The only thing our
feed store had was beet pulp with molasis, it is dry and in shreds.  At
what rate do I add it to the ration?

The bag has both wet and dry instructions, is it better to feed it wet?
I've a mare nursing her filly and wanted to add calories without adding
more grain, so I figured bulking up with beet pulp should do the trick
and also let me introduce the filly to another feed texture.

The wet instructions say to soak 24 hours.  If you don't soak that long,
but it is OK to feed it dry, is that still allright?  The guys at the
feedstore just look at me funny when I ask questions.  I suspect they
just feed and forget, but I'm a worrier.<G>

--
Karla Dick  (Fluffs and Foxtrotters)