Re: Trail cutting

Tammy,

No you did not indicate in any way in your 1st post that you were
doing anything other than 'gritching to the list'.  Now if you'd said
"1st I had to inform AERC that a horse I sold was ridden in a 50 before
he was 60 months" then we'd have known.  My quote about being a horse
owner, rather then seller was one of things one regrets writing later;
though I'd certainly be dead broke if I tried raising and selling
horses; my horses are like family and I'd treat each sale
like an adoption, except probably with higher standards.  Thank
goodness there are people who do raise and sell horses or us lifelong
owners would have no one to buy from!  I don't know if anyone has only
complained about a rules violation on the ridecamp list but I've
certainly heard lots of stories in actual ridecamps about things like
trail cutting, and even a few horse medicating incidents that were
reported only to the grapevine and I was gritching about this.

I have heard plenty of complaints about rude, "newbie" riders on ridecamp
over the years.  I am always thankful that the time I made a rude 'newbie'
mistake.  (situation- starting at back of pack and so was a top rider, we
hit a section where there were 4 gates close together and I assumed that
I should hurry to next gate to open it without asking)  The top rider
bawled me out for unsafe behaviour of running off when someone is
dismounted opening a gate, far as I know she then forgot the incident.
I learned something I've never forgotten, and gained even more respect
for this rider.  If she'd been quiet at the time and I later found out
that I was complained about I suppose I'd still have learned the lesson
but I'd have had a lot of resentment to get over 1st.

Teresa