Castle Rock Ride/dogs

Dear Barbara;
I didn't bring a dog, but did notice the special dog area on arriving at
base camp.  Very good idea...I was not bothered by any dogs this weekend,
unlike the previous year when someone's dog in main camp barked non-stop the
whole night! (Now, if we could just do something to quiet the mare that kept
squealing the whole night....). I think you are on the right track.
I must compliment you on your management skills.  I always enjoy the Castle
Rock ride.  Incredible scenery, wonderful vets, love that shower in the
redwoods!  I even got to see one Banana Slug(but just one) outside the
shower.   The caterers were wonderful, what a fabulous meal after the ride!
I was one of the riders looking for flagging at the top of the mountain when
you showed up and re-marked the trail.  What service!
Even tho I did pull at the last vet check, as there were too many things
just not going right, I will certainly do this ride next year.  For my
horse, the combination of the heat and humidity index(I have never seen him
pant like that)plus the technical difficulties left by the recent heavy
rains were just too much.  There were plenty of signs of the work you'd done
on the trail, little stacks of wood from trees taken down on the sides of
the trail all over.
Beautiful, well-run ride, Barbara.
Katee(whose poison oak is much better now, after the shot)
Blade(I am sooo fit now, Mom!)