Re: RC: NO dogs at Limestone Challange

In a message dated 5/25/00 9:14:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
BMcCrary27@aol.com writes:

<< This year we offered a compromise: dogs
 were allowed and a special area was designated for camping with dogs, an
area
 that was a bit farther away from the main central section of camp where the
 food was served and the vetting was conducted.  We reuired dogs to be
 confined in a trailer or motor home during the event, dogs were not allowed
 in the main camp or at the start-finish line.  They were allowed to be
walked
 on leash, outside of the main camp area.  I know dogs were brought, but I
 will have to say that I personally did not notice a problem with any of
them,
 and several riders thanked me for designating a special area for camping
with
 them.  >>

Bless you, Barbara.  I am among those who often HAS to take my dog, but I
value my dog's safety, too, and there is NO way I would allow him to run
loose among a bunch of horses and vehicles!!  I've always liked the AKC
bumper sticker that says "UNLEASHED IS UNLOVED" and have been tempted to hand
them out at rides so that people take a hint.  I don't turn my horses loose
at dog shows, and I'll be damned if I'll turn my dog loose at a horse event!

Heidi