Re: RC: AERC International

Any RM can get a ride sanctioned as an FEI ride. It cost some for the
sanctioning but not much more. The running of the ride does cost more
since a FEI approved steward has to be present and you have to pay them
plus the expenses.

The kicker is only a few people will most likely chose to ride in the
FEI sanctioned division so unless all the riders subsidize the FEI cost,
it can be quite costly to the few that do ride.

The 1999 FL Classic was FEI sanctioned and if I remember only a hand
full in the 100 entered the FEI division.

The way FEI is integrated into AERC rides needs a lot of thought and an
lot of work. I think Randy's approach of relooking at these issues is a
good one. And Roger, I don't think there is any kind of witch hunt going
on. A good fair and critical evaluation is not on essential to any
organization it is also beneficial.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt