Re: RC: Winners List

>It was a tough trail because of the75 horses that started out, only
18>finished. Of the 18 finishers, 6 of them were local

Maryanne,

I am curious.  Is there any "long term" yearly goal ya'll can shoot for?
In other words, is there anything comparable to our yearly high point
awards?  Seems like I heard that in some countries mileage and points
weren't kept, so if you didn't "place" in the race, you'd really
accomplished nothing.  Is that the case? If so, that would explain the
low finishing ratio....

 Funny thing, I read a book about NASCAR (auto racing) where in the early
days they had problems with the different car manufacturers prefering to
be winning when they blew up the car, over finishing at the back of the
pack.  That's when they added the yearly points championship. To me,
"Endurance" means a lot farther than 100 miles...it's a long term goal.
Maybe you need to help introduce that.  Congratulations to your
locals...and by the way, I noticed Beau Diddly did well, he used to be
from my neck of the woods.  Small world. >g<

Angie

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.