GPS

Tamara Woodcock nis75p06@mindspring.com
I'm very gadget oriented, so I like all of these posts about GPS units.  Just have a few more questions (might have been answered, but I couldn't find them)

Can I do odometer/speedometer type stuff with the cheaper Gamin (the under $200 one)?  I'm not really interested in marking trails, or making maps, just in telling how far I've come and how fast I got there.  Even the speedometer part isn't all that important.  A watch could tell me that if only I knew how far I was going...

AND if the cheaper one will do this, can I later buy the neat software to do the maping with, or would I need to start with the more expensive unit?  I really don't need topography stuff.  My part of Texas is flat, the roadside ditches are the only changes in elevation.

-Tamara