Re: RC: Kak worm from Cora

At 09:17 PM 5/16/00 -0700, Katee wrote:
There is no block for this worm as yet, it is too new.

I went to trend.com - seems there are security patches available.  Cora's people might have not explained properly, but McAfee also will have patches for the Kakworm.  My advice:  Don't use Outlook Express!  Lif

VBS_KakWorm.A utilizes the same security hole as VBS_BubbleBoy, wherein simply viewing email through the preview pane triggers the worm. Users having the latest security patches for Outlook Express, and High Security settings in their browsers can avoid this worm from triggering.

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609