Re: Weird stirrup wear

If they were my stirrups I'd guess that somehow they got smashed by
something while the saddle was off of the horse.  I'd take a file, dull the
worn spots then use a hammer and anvil to pound them back in shape.  Since
Aluminum tends to work harden, they should then be stronger than new.

If you  don't like to pound on things, I'll bet your farrier would do it
next time he/she is out.

Ed and Wendy Hauser
1140 37th St.
Hudson, WI 54016