Re: HERPES

In a message dated 1/13/2000 10:01:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< debbie zanot darkcat5@yahoo.com
 I had my eyes opened WIDE when I worked at a Standardbred
 track. Herpes is common in the race industry and if you
 need information on it go to a standardbred site. Someone
 posted about a horse having sores under it's lips and this is
 a sign of herpes also it is very debilitating as the horses
 become sore all over and funky gaited from the pain.
 There are treatments for it but it is pretty serious from
 what I witnessed. >>

And horses in racing careers are the most frequently vaccinated of any of
them.  But don't worry about vaccinating your horse . . . there's really
nothing to these concerns you hear circulating from the health food/holistic
wackos out there about the hidden "costs" of vaccination . . .really, none at
all.   Anecdotal evidence.  Means nothing.  Right Dr. Newell?<g>

Trish (sorry, I couldn't resist . . .) & pretty David (not vaccinated for
much . . . and is healthy as a horse . . .probably healthier, than a lot of
in Michigan