bits

Actually there is a mullen mouth bit made by Myler that can use each
side of the mouth independently.  It is in 3 pieces and each side moves
independently, but there is no break in the middle so it acts as a
straight, actually slightly curved mullen mouth.  I am probably not
describing it very well, but my filly thinks it works very well.  She
had a fit with a broken snaffle and with a french link.  Louise