Re: RC: Fw: Los Alamos Fire

In a message dated 05/11/2000 8:35:34 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
fasterhorses@gilanet.com writes:

<< >The fire soon burned out of control after the National Park Service set
it
 >last Thursday to clear brush at the nearby Bandelier National Monument,
 >which is just south of the town.

If this fire was set by private individuals or private companies, they would
be entirely liable for compensating the residents for lost homes.  There
would be law suits flying thick and fast.  Will the federal government
compensate residents for the value of their lost homes, livestock, etc.?  If
not, I shall be very disallusioned with our government.  The park supervisor
says he did not receive a weather warning from the weather service, as they
claimed.  He couldn't SEE this coming??  He didn't know anything about
weather??  Meteorology should be required study by park supervisors.... Or
maybe it just takes years of WATCHING weather to learn this.

Barbara