Re: RC: EN Survey

The problem is Endurance News isn't just another magazine. It is actually
the AERC "Newsletter".  Some sort of mailing is necessary to the membership
to report ride results, points, meeting minutes, etc. I have seen nothing
but positive reponse to the relatively recent upgrades in paper quality &
now color photos, but they cost money. EN distibution is probably around
6000, as opposed to 200,000+ for mags like Equus. There is a broader range
of reader interest to attract more advertising. Not that endurance riders
don't have broad interests, it just doesn't pay to target 6000 (probably
less) people with big advertising bucks.
If members are able to "opt out" of the magazine, that would also raise the
cost of communications to the members who are interested, and make it even
less attractive to advertisers.
I'm sure the office would be interested in any ideas you might have to
decrease the production & mailing costs.
Nancy Mitts
Central Region
And no, I haven't gotten the May issue yet either.